GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   RHS Royal Horticultural Society Membership (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/36164-rhs-royal-horticultural-society-membership.html)

al 10-07-2003 11:20 PM

RHS Royal Horticultural Society Membership

I am interested to read some opinions on the merits of RHS membership.

http://www.rhs.org.uk

Am particulary interested in the usefulness of their enquiry service.

Looking forward to reading some opinions.

Franz Heymann 11-07-2003 11:27 PM

"al" wrote in message
I am interested to read some opinions on the merits of RHS membership.

http://www.rhs.org.uk

Am particulary interested in the usefulness of their enquiry service.

Looking forward to reading some opinions.

I have found their enquiry service to be entirely trustworthy, but it is
very slow. I don't know if it is because the facility is overwhelmed, or
whether whoever runs it does not attend to his/her email regularly.

Franz Heymann

David Hill 11-07-2003 11:56 PM

RHS Royal Horticultural Society Membership

I suspect they are busy, I have always had an acknowledgement within 24
hours, and a result within about 4 weeks.
They are always busier after major shows, Chelsea, Hampton Court(which is on
now) Tatton Park, Etc

Think these three sites will lighten your day.
http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Ideas/A...FlowerShow.htm

http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Ideas/A...mptonCourt.htm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/events/hampton_court/

Enjoy
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Sue & Bob Hobden 11-07-2003 11:56 PM

"al" wrote in message
I am interested to read some opinions on the merits of RHS membership.

http://www.rhs.org.uk

Am particulary interested in the usefulness of their enquiry service.

Looking forward to reading some opinions.

I have only used their advice service and found it wanting, I asked about
Leek Moth and at the time they didn't seem to realise it was no longer
restricted to a few South Coast places and had spread as far as Staines. Had
no idea on chemicals to use etc.
They now have a fact sheet on it.

--
Bob (p.s. Derris dust works as does Bifenthrin.)

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.