Old 12-07-2003, 08:08 AM
Mike H

Default Help! Ground Elder

I have some very healthy looking ground elder covering garden and lawn. I
want to get rid of it.

Although I am normally organic, in desperation I borrowed a farmer's sprayer
and blitzed the whole region with overstrenth glyphosate. It killed
everything... except the bloody ground elder. I now have a very dead and
brown looking garden with very green and healthy leaves of ground elder.

Any ideas?

Old 12-07-2003, 10:20 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Mike H" wrote in message
I have some very healthy looking ground elder covering garden and lawn. I
want to get rid of it.

Although I am normally organic, in desperation I borrowed a farmer's

sprayer
and blitzed the whole region with overstrenth glyphosate. It killed
everything... except the bloody ground elder. I now have a very dead and
brown looking garden with very green and healthy leaves of ground elder.

Any ideas?

Now there is nothing left to hurt you could try SBK Brushwood killer, its
not very nice stuff but it does work. alternatively respray with normal
strength roundup (glyphosate)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 12-07-2003, 10:32 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Mike H wrote:
I have some very healthy looking ground elder covering garden and lawn. I
want to get rid of it.

Although I am normally organic, in desperation I borrowed a farmer's sprayer
and blitzed the whole region with overstrenth glyphosate. It killed
everything... except the bloody ground elder. I now have a very dead and
brown looking garden with very green and healthy leaves of ground elder.

That was a mistake. Overstrength glyphosate burns the tops off without
reaching the roots; I find that even normal strength is too much for
ground elder. Try half strength, sprayed at monthly intervals.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.