GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Should I plant celosia (cockscomb) in pairs? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/36395-should-i-plant-celosia-cockscomb-pairs.html)

Bernie 13-07-2003 03:08 AM

Should I plant celosia (cockscomb) in pairs?

I just purchased two 6 packs of celosia, and noticed that in some
of the containers there were 2 plants. Should I plant more than
one of these in the same hole?

-Thanks

Lynn F. Russell 14-07-2003 11:22 AM

Should I plant celosia (cockscomb) in pairs?

I'm not an expert, but my guess would be "separate them"

I found quite a few articles...one is attached.

http://www.growinglifestyle.com/article/s0/a2534.html

Frogleg 14-07-2003 12:22 PM

Should I plant celosia (cockscomb) in pairs?

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:16:07 GMT, "Lynn F. Russell"
wrote:

"Bernie" wrote

I just purchased two 6 packs of celosia, and noticed that in some
of the containers there were 2 plants. Should I plant more than
one of these in the same hole?

I'm not an expert, but my guess would be "separate them"

I found quite a few articles...one is attached.

http://www.growinglifestyle.com/article/s0/a2534.html

The siblings aren't 2 to a cell for any purpose -- just overseeded or
not pinched off. If you can easily tease the roots apart, you have an
extra 'free' plant. If not, my call would be to clip off the top of
the weaker and plant the remaining one.

LeeAnne 16-07-2003 03:52 PM

Should I plant celosia (cockscomb) in pairs?

Personally I like to plant a whole bunch of different colors right next to
eachother in little bunches of 4-6 plants.

But, that's just me :-)
LeeAnne