GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hosta-bilities... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/36425-hosta-bilities.html)

Kathie 13-07-2003 01:55 PM

Hosta-bilities...

:) Hello,
I've just joined, and was wondering if someone would like to share all sorts of wonderful hosta tips. I've just purchased a little Tudor house with a shade gardening potential so rich that you can taste it. I love hostas, and am a fairly experiences gardener, but would love it if you all could share info about this lovely plant with me!

Can anyone recommend a really good reference book on hostas, including complete identification photos of all verieties? Also, where can one purchase a WONDERUL Tardiana called 'Silvery Slugproof'---and you can just guess why it's so wonderful...!

Thanks so much.

Marcy Hege 13-07-2003 05:56 PM

Hosta-bilities...

Not a book but this website might be helpful...
www.hostalibrary.org

Vox Humana 15-07-2003 02:32 PM

Hosta-bilities...

"Kathie" wrote in message
s.com...
:) Hello,
I've just joined, and was wondering if someone would like to share all
sorts of wonderful hosta tips. I've just purchased a little Tudor
house with a shade gardening potential so rich that you can taste it.
I love hostas, and am a fairly experiences gardener, but would love it
if you all could share info about this lovely plant with me!

Can anyone recommend a really good reference book on hostas, including
complete identification photos of all verieties? Also, where can one
purchase a WONDERUL Tardiana called 'Silvery Slugproof'---and you can
just guess why it's so wonderful...!

Hostas are nearly bulletproof. Put them in reasonably well drained soil.
Keep them moist. That's about all it takes. I don't believe that any
hostas are "slugproof."