GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Zucchini (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/36497-zucchini.html)

Nanceemo 13-07-2003 11:42 PM

Zucchini

My zucchini were growing great, then the stem ends started turning yellow, and
look like they're rotting now. Is this some kind of blight? Should I get rid
of the plant altogether?

John DeBoo 14-07-2003 01:02 AM

Zucchini

Nanceemo wrote:

My zucchini were growing great, then the stem ends started turning yellow, and
look like they're rotting now. Is this some kind of blight? Should I get rid
of the plant altogether?

Wet the plant for 5-6 seconds then look closely and see if any
squash (stink) bugs come crawling up the stalks. They HATE water
but it won't keep them away for long. If so then thats the culprit.
They and I have a daily battle - still not sure who's winning though.