GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Historical Garden Website (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/365-historical-garden-website.html)

Mike Gilmore 02-02-2003 10:06 AM

Historical Garden Website

My family and I are restoring a Victorian walled garden of modest size but
rich in features and history. Much of this is now on the web at the address
below.

Although I am always keen to hear from 'viewers'. I would especially like
to hear from
anyone who can delve in to their family archives and retrieve any photos or
potted family history which may be able to establish even more links to our
garden.

So far as the Victorian family who built the garden are concerned we have
established links to US President Theodore Roosevelt and The White House
during his term of office, Capt. Frederick Courteney Selous (acknowledged
greatest African big game hunter of the Victorian era), The Maharrajah's
Palace at Mysore (through Hycinthe Unwin the daughter of the Architect) and
many others.

I hope you enjoy our efforts to date. Thank you.
--
Michael Gilmore,
www.winsfordwalledgarden.freeserve.co.uk

hilary 02-02-2003 05:42 PM

Historical Garden Website

"Mike Gilmore" wrote in message ...
[...]

Good luck in your venture - I'll certainly visit your garden if I'm
ever down your way.