GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What to do with Nanking Cherries? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/36522-what-do-nanking-cherries.html)

Joseph A. Zupko 14-07-2003 04:32 AM

What to do with Nanking Cherries?

I have a lot of Nanking cherries. What can i make from them? I am
interested in making pastries. Can I make pies out of them?
Thank you

Frogleg 14-07-2003 12:12 PM

What to do with Nanking Cherries?

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 03:27:02 GMT, "Joseph A. Zupko"
wrote:

I have a lot of Nanking cherries. What can i make from them? I am
interested in making pastries. Can I make pies out of them?

Googling on

"nanking cherry" recipe

yields the information that these fruits, 'though edible, are inferior
for many culinary purposes. I found mention of wine and jam/jellies,
and the possibility of using "sour cherry" recipes for pie.

Andrew Ostrander 14-07-2003 07:12 PM

What to do with Nanking Cherries?

I've made very nice tarts from Nanking cherries.