Old 14-07-2003, 05:52 AM
paghat

Default Dicentra scandens

I have just fallen in love with this vine that we put in a semi-shady area
of the garden earlier this year. It climbs around on a wooden fence & into
a kerria rose, with self-clinging tendrils. It has SO many heart-shaped
lemon-yellow blooms, it sometimes looks like a teency bunches of bananas
all over the vines.

I'm warned it's a tender perennial & may not return next year. I wonder if
anyone has experience with it & if I dare presume it is going to be a
successful perennial on Puget Sound maritime weather zone 8 pretty mild
most of the time. I don't want it to ever be dead.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

[IMG] code is On

2 questions Dicentra and Cala's stevej United Kingdom 2 23-05-2007 08:30 AM
2 questions Dicentra and Cala's stevej United Kingdom 0 22-05-2007 01:24 PM
Dicentra scandens Sacha United Kingdom 9 20-07-2006 06:15 PM
Dicentra spectabilis leaf discolouration Emrys Davies United Kingdom 3 22-05-2006 09:50 AM
What's wrong with my Dicentra? gogo United Kingdom 3 07-06-2005 10:05 PM