Old 14-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default daylilies (repeat blooming)

Unless you are hybridizing daylilies, the seed pods should be removed.

Will removing the seed pods help them to bloom a second time?
Not unless they are a repeat blooming cultivar such as 'Stella d'Oro',
'Happy Returns', 'Bitsy', 'Yellow Lollipop' or 'Pardon Me'.

Judy Cosler wrote in message
Should the seed pods that develop on daylilies be removed? for repeat
bloom? TIA, Judy

((.)) '))
((((((((
))(/)((

Old 15-07-2003, 01:52 AM
Barbara Yanus

I have four of the ones you mentioned. When I purchased them, I had no idea
that they would be rebloomers....

news

Old 15-07-2003, 12:32 PM
Frogleg

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:37:23 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

Unless you are hybridizing daylilies, the seed pods should be removed.

Will removing the seed pods help them to bloom a second time?
Not unless they are a repeat blooming cultivar such as 'Stella d'Oro',
'Happy Returns', 'Bitsy', 'Yellow Lollipop' or 'Pardon Me'.

Judy Cosler wrote
Should the seed pods that develop on daylilies be removed? for repeat
bloom? TIA, Judy

Why bother to remove the pods? Even if not into plant breeding, it's
kind of fun (and fairly easy) to grow daylilies from seed. Are they
that much like bulbs where next year's blooms would be reduced by
energy spent in seed production?