Old 14-07-2003, 08:52 PM

Default What do I use....

I live in California (zone 9, I beleive is how it is usually listed) and I
have a steep hill/drainage ditch.

The ditch is always dry, except when it rains, and then it drains quickly-
no standing water
I need to know what to plant here that will grow low, needs VERY little
maint, except water.
I had at one time thought grass, but it is to steep to mow (I already lost
two toes here...) so grass is out of the question!

The area is about 20 foot wide and 80 foot long with about a 5 foot variance
in hieght from the sides to the middle. Cost IS an issue, but ideas are
welcome. I need weed control as well.

Thanks,
Bruce

Old 15-07-2003, 03:32 PM

My wife is allergic to juniper...
Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Bruce

"Heidi Stump" wrote in message
I would recommend Juniper, one of the low growing varieties such as a
Carpet Juniper (unless of course you work for a competing technology
firm, and are thus opposed to supporting anything w/ the name juniper)
tee hee. Juniper is a fairly common groundcover and is should be pretty
cheap.

Heidi

wrote:

I live in California (zone 9, I beleive is how it is usually listed) and

have a steep hill/drainage ditch.

The ditch is always dry, except when it rains, and then it drains

quickly-
no standing water
I need to know what to plant here that will grow low, needs VERY little
maint, except water.
I had at one time thought grass, but it is to steep to mow (I already

lost
two toes here...) so grass is out of the question!

The area is about 20 foot wide and 80 foot long with about a 5 foot

variance
in hieght from the sides to the middle. Cost IS an issue, but ideas are
welcome. I need weed control as well.

Thanks,
Bruce

[IMG] code is On

Anyone use manure? What is the best mix and ratio to use? Allen Smith Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:21 AM
which tarp to use? David Modine Lawns 0 30-03-2003 01:56 PM
Can I Use Leftover Lawn Fertilizer from Last Year? Jeffy3 Gardening 15 26-03-2003 07:44 PM
Cement to use/not to use around pond? IanQ Ponds 2 06-03-2003 09:52 AM
Car headlights for in pond use ? Howard Ponds 8 01-02-2003 04:09 AM