GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawn grass vs. flower beds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/36679-lawn-grass-vs-flower-beds.html)

Jacquard_The_Ripper 15-07-2003 02:32 PM

Lawn grass vs. flower beds

Hi the

I have a raised rock garden in my yard with large rocks bordering and
all through the bed. These rocks were placed years ago, and I'm tired
of always fighting the lawn grass that tries to creep up between the
rocks and compete with the perennials around the edge. What can I do
to keep the grass out?

Should I add more rocks and gravel between the larger boulders?

Should I bury some of that heavy plastic stuff that stands vertically
in the ground?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Cynthia in Zone 3

Erik Kleine 26-07-2003 10:32 PM

Lawn grass vs. flower beds

You could do two things:

1. Use plants with high density to sufficate the grass.
2. replace the dirt in your garden.

Good luck,

Erik.
e-mail: