GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spider in oregano (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/36686-spider-oregano.html)

Adam Schwartz 15-07-2003 03:26 PM

Spider in oregano

Normally I love having spiders in my garden. However, there is a spider
living in my oregano, and she is tying the plant up into a ball with her
webs. It's actually beginning to damage the oregano. I thought it might be
spider mites so I sprayed the plant with insecticidal soap, but it hasn't
helped. I'm pretty sure it's a regular spider. If I break up the web, it
only takes her about an hour to completely retie the plant. What can I do
to convince her to move elsewhere?

Thanks,
Adam

paghat 15-07-2003 05:02 PM

Spider in oregano

In article 2RTQa.69158$ye4.47556@sccrnsc01, "Adam Schwartz"
wrote:

Normally I love having spiders in my garden. However, there is a spider
living in my oregano, and she is tying the plant up into a ball with her
webs. It's actually beginning to damage the oregano. I thought it might be
spider mites so I sprayed the plant with insecticidal soap, but it hasn't
helped. I'm pretty sure it's a regular spider. If I break up the web, it
only takes her about an hour to completely retie the plant. What can I do
to convince her to move elsewhere?

Thanks,
Adam

Catch her in a cup, & put her in a spirea.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"