GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Transplanting raspberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/37308-transplanting-raspberries.html)

Beth Pierce 18-07-2003 02:42 PM

Transplanting raspberries

My SIL has a large 20x40 garden with nothing but
raspberries. She wants to give them to anyone who is
interested, as long as they dig them up. What is a good
time of year to transplant them? I live in the Northeast,
where we had a not-so-mild winter last year.

John Bachman 18-07-2003 08:22 PM

Transplanting raspberries

I also am in the NE and experienced that winter. I had significant
losses to my raspberries (not all weather related). I plan on doing
some transplanting when they are dormant, probably late fall. They
are pretty tough so I do not expect a lot of problems. Now I did it -
they will all die no doubt.

John