Old 04-02-2003, 07:19 AM
madgard

Default Saw my first robin today :(

" Do the web toes keep her from sinking into Geoff's "succinct" post?

John

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yer bad, John, but I like that quality

about you................maddie

Old 04-02-2003, 03:29 PM
zhanataya

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 00:52:54 -0600, "B & J"
wrote:

Do the web toes keep her from sinking into Geoff's "succinct" post?

John

You should see my water walk.
Good for free drinks at any pool party. ;-)

Old 04-02-2003, 07:04 PM
J Bertilson

I saw a flock of Robins (20+) in my holly trees on the last weekend of January
in below freezing weather here in CT. Had to do a double take. My wife verified
it as she didn't believe me at first.
JAB

Betsy wrote:

Yup. Here in Balmer, Marelun, where it's been below 32 for several weeks
and below 20 for a good portion of that time, and only the last two days has
been above freezing.

But it's sad because of where I saw it--which was my living room floor.
Yup, the cats brought it in through the cat door and left it as a lovely
present for me. Then they tried to blame it on the dog (he's outnumbered)
and I have to admit, the dog didn't look very innocent, nose covered with
feathers & gore as it was. Yuk.

Now before you flame me I hasten to say my cats cannot leave their own back
yard, so are not a threat to other gardens. And I love birds and all
animals great and small, and am grieving at the loss of this fellow (he was
a BIG bird, too) as I vacuum up the many feathers strewn across my living
room. Seems they had quite a romp while I was out today.

My question: what in the WORLD was a robin doing here in Baltimore at this
time of year? Don't they migrate south for the winter?

May he rest in peace (sniff).

Old 04-02-2003, 08:48 PM
NAearthMOM

ut don't stop now. I got pretty good looking feet also,
if you don't count the webbed toes. ;-)

cute tush, webbed toes, water walk!

I've guessed it! Zhan's a duck!!!!!!!!!!!

Love caryn
oh, it's not 20 questions........
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"
Old 05-02-2003, 12:50 AM
madgard

oy vey...............GBSEG
love ya back, maddie

Old 05-02-2003, 01:26 AM
SAS567

I couldn't believe my eyes!!! Saw 3 Robins today and I live in mid-Michigan. It
hasn't been above freezing since Jan. 8th.
Sue in Mi.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:07 AM
Mickey&Nat

BT I love my cat and my wildlife also. My cat has decided that she will not
stay inside when her dog goes out. Yes I also believe they are much safer
inside but my cat insists. Therefore she is inoculated properly against the
nastiest outside and spends her time on a very long light weight lead. If
any critter is dumb enough to get within her reach they are fair game. So
far all the wildlife has been pretty smart.

Natalie

Old 05-02-2003, 06:04 AM
Betsy

Be careful to watch your cat the whole time she is on a lead. I tried this
with one of mine, and used a harness instead of a collar. Still she managed
to jump up on the fence and just about hung herself. She was probably
seconds away from death when I saw her struggling & raced to her. I'll never
forget that!

Old 06-02-2003, 02:58 AM
B & J

wrote:

Do the web toes keep her from sinking into Geoff's "succinct" post?

John

You should see my water walk.
Good for free drinks at any pool party. ;-)

Now you're walking on the wrong side of the "Good Book." I suppose you're
going to tell us that you sip wine at those pool parties too? ;-)

John

Old 06-02-2003, 04:17 PM
zhanataya

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 20:58:34 -0600, "B & J"
wrote:

Now you're walking on the wrong side of the "Good Book."

Nha Uh. The lead character in that book water walks too.

I suppose you're going to tell us that you sip wine at those pool parties too? ;-)

I'm a courteous guest I'll drink any adult beverage served.

John

Old 06-02-2003, 11:42 PM
Edwin Kalat

I had problems with roving cats at the bird feeders and at the gold fish
pond, but the came the cayotees and now the cats are no longer around.
Hurrah

http://community.webtv.net/SteadyGee/TheWritingsofEdwin

Old 07-02-2003, 04:29 AM
B & J

wrote:

Now you're walking on the wrong side of the "Good Book."

Nha Uh. The lead character in that book water walks too.

I suppose you're going to tell us that you sip wine at those pool

parties too? ;-)

I'm a courteous guest I'll drink any adult beverage served.

Dang! Can't catch you. Do you eat sushi?

John

Old 08-02-2003, 08:24 PM
zhanataya

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 22:29:00 -0600, "B & J"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Now you're walking on the wrong side of the "Good Book."

Nha Uh. The lead character in that book water walks too.

I suppose you're going to tell us that you sip wine at those pool

parties too? ;-)

I'm a courteous guest I'll drink any adult beverage served.

Dang! Can't catch you. Do you eat sushi?

John

Absolutely, With chopsticks of course. Love steak tartar. But my all
time favorite is German Sausage. BSEG

zhan