GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   need help with moles (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/37620-need-help-moles.html)

Cody 20-07-2003 07:22 PM

need help with moles

Hi Everyone,
I am thinking about purchasing a solar powered stake that emits a sound
that claims to rid a 700 foot area of moles. Has any one ever used one? are
there any other methods of getting rid of moles.

THANKS.......

--
Cody Stiles

paghat 21-07-2003 05:32 AM

need help with moles

In article , "Cody"
wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I am thinking about purchasing a solar powered stake that emits a sound
that claims to rid a 700 foot area of moles. Has any one ever used one? are
there any other methods of getting rid of moles.

THANKS.......

Rutgers & Washington University, among others, have tested sound devices,
& the conclusion is always the same: they don't work. No exceptions.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

Bruce Yates 21-07-2003 02:32 PM

need help with moles

I bought a battery operated one that did the same thing to repel moles
and gophers within 100 feet.. Within 24 hours a gopher had pushed up a
mound within 6 inches of the thing. My old tried and true trap did the
trick on him.

Bob 22-07-2003 05:40 AM

need help with moles

"Bruce Yates" wrote in message
I bought a battery operated one that did the same thing to repel moles
and gophers within 100 feet.. Within 24 hours a gopher had pushed up a
mound within 6 inches of the thing. My old tried and true trap did the
trick on him.

I had similar results.

Bob