GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   let the bird poop fly!!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/37650-re-let-bird-poop-fly.html)

Cereoid-UR12- 20-07-2003 10:57 PM

let the bird poop fly!!!

So what's next?

Is somebody going to claim that birds are seed pimps?

Frogleg wrote in message
On 19 Jul 2003 19:47:13 GMT, oway (Tyra Trevellyn)
wrote:

"Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

For somebody from New Jersey, you sure say a lot of stupid things, Tyra.

Hey, I'm sorry, but the Official New Jersey State Brain is out on loan

until
Monday. I thought I'd do without it just to see what would happen. But
despite that, I did in fact read every word you wrote.

Didn't miss a syllable.

Didn't say you suggested that the zinnia seeds arrived in poop. (Did you

read
MY whole reply?) I thought that what you wrote could be interpreted as
indication birds don't drop seeds but rather only poop 'em. Since I know

you
know differently, I figured I'd just clarify....not particularly for you

but
for anyone who cared to follow along with the thread. Nothing else to

it.

Right on, Tyra. I believe the origin of the quibble was a line saying
birds "planted" seeds. Plant, drop, poop -- birds are common
distributors of seeds. Maybe we were all taken aback by seeing a
zinnia described as a 'mystery flower'. :-) I'm always tickled when
I can put a name to one (rarely).

Frogleg 21-07-2003 12:12 PM

let the bird poop fly!!!

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:51:05 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

So what's next?

Is somebody going to claim that birds are seed pimps?

Well, since they don't charge for services, that's doubtful. Surely
you know all (or at least most of) the weird ways plants devise for
producing and distributing seeds. Burrs that stick to animal fur; a
sweet fruit surrounding an undigestible seed; aerodynamic fluff or
helicopter blades. And poop of every description.

dstvns 22-07-2003 04:03 AM

let the bird poop fly!!!

wrote:

Is somebody going to claim that birds are seed pimps?

I'll never look at the corner feeder the same way again

Dan