GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Meyer lemon tree question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/3788-meyer-lemon-tree-question.html)

Me 06-03-2003 04:39 AM

Meyer lemon tree question

I live in Southern California. How many times a year can I expect my Meyer
lemon tree to produce lemons? My tree was full of lemon's from November to
January. Now I see little green ones popping up.
I'm not sure if it's two crops a year or one.
Thanks.

Charles 06-03-2003 07:05 AM

Meyer lemon tree question

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 04:30:40 GMT, "Me"
wrote:

I live in Southern California. How many times a year can I expect my Meyer
lemon tree to produce lemons? My tree was full of lemon's from November to
January. Now I see little green ones popping up.
I'm not sure if it's two crops a year or one.
Thanks.

They generally bear all year. Lemons are picked by size, and are
usually harvested four times a year.

_

- Charles
-
-does not play well with others

M. Tiefert 06-03-2003 07:28 AM

Meyer lemon tree question

wrote:

I live in Southern California. How many times a year can I expect my Meyer
lemon tree to produce lemons? My tree was full of lemon's from November to
January. Now I see little green ones popping up.
I'm not sure if it's two crops a year or one.
Thanks.

They generally bear all year. Lemons are picked by size, and are
usually harvested four times a year.

Unless it's a backyard tree of course - then you just go out and get a
lemon whenever you need one. Great thing for when your relatives from
places that have winter are visiting - just casually send them to the
garden for a lemon while you're making salad dressing.

cheers,

Marj

* * *
Marj Tiefert: http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/
science editing services: http://science.tiefert.com/
Marj's Mini Mall: http://stores.tiefert.com/
Marjorie's Morning Star: http://newsletter.tiefert.com/

animaux 06-03-2003 03:15 PM

Meyer lemon tree question

I get two harvests from my Meyer's lemon, but in winter I keep it in the
greenhouse where it develops flowers. I just yesterday hand pollinated the
flowers. I'll have lemons in June, again in November. My Meyer's is the
variegated form and it produces beautiful pink flesh. Pink lemonaide.