GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   2 questions about passilfora incense (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/37996-2-questions-about-passilfora-incense.html)

Theo 23-07-2003 02:32 AM

2 questions about passilfora incense

First question:
Recently the newer leaves are starting to look like someone sprinkled salt
on them. I tried to see if these dots might wipe off but they don't. The
undersides of the leaves look fine. Maybe it might have something to do
with the ants I see crawling up and down it. Also, I have read that all
passiflora incense are infected with the mosaic virus. Could this have
anything to do with it.

Which leads me to my next question:
If all passiflora incense are infected with the mosaic virus, can it be
transmitted to other plants?

I live in NYC (zone7). The plant gets full sun.

Thanks in advance.

-Theo

Theo 23-07-2003 12:02 PM

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
1. They are nectaries. Do a google search for more info.

2. Yes.

1. I just googled nectaries and that doesn't explain why the leafs look
like someone
sprinkled salt on them. It does however explain why there is always ants on
the plant.

2. That's what I assumed.

Thank you
-Theo