GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Identify plant please...... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/38040-identify-plant-please.html)

~ Lori ~ 23-07-2003 04:22 PM

Identify plant please......

Can somebody help me identify this plant or weed that popped up at my house
behind a fence? Thanks!

http://home.comcast.net/~ljadkins/ws...ome.html-.html

SugarChile 23-07-2003 04:32 PM

Identify plant please......

It's a bit tough to tell from the picture, but my guess would be evening
primrose.
See:
http://www.gpnc.org/evening.htm

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

~ Lori ~ 23-07-2003 05:02 PM

Identify plant please......

It's a bit tough to tell from the picture, but my guess would be
evening
primrose.

I guess I should mention that the plant is tall. Perhaps 2 feet, and not a
bushy plant like I THOUGHT evening primrose was....hmmmm.....
Lori

Cereoid-UR12- 23-07-2003 07:02 PM

Identify plant please......

A lily? What have you been smoking?

Its definitely a species of Oenothera ("Evening Primrose").

It looks like a lilly to me