GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   VINING ZUCCHINI PLANTS (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/38074-vining-zucchini-plants.html)

WARRENRN1 23-07-2003 10:12 PM

VINING ZUCCHINI PLANTS

my wife planted vining zucchini plants and they have taken over the garden....
well, almost.... she hacked them away from the cherry tomato plant.... other
than hacking them back.... how does one limit there travels....
another question.... i want to make a basil infused oil for cooking..... do i
have to refrigerate the liquid after i infuse the basil leaves and garlic, or
can i keep that at room temp?

jammer 24-07-2003 12:23 AM

VINING ZUCCHINI PLANTS

On 23 Jul 2003 21:02:37 GMT, (WARRENRN1) wrote:

my wife planted vining zucchini plants and they have taken over the garden....
well, almost.... she hacked them away from the cherry tomato plant.... other
than hacking them back.... how does one limit there travels....

The bush type zucchini takes up a 3’x3’ space. Vine-types take 1’x16.
I have long cantalope vines attacking every other plant and i just
keep wrapping the vine around. Next year i am going to do long rows
and stack them in place as they grow.

jammer 24-07-2003 12:42 AM

VINING ZUCCHINI PLANTS

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:12:11 -0500, jammer wrote:

On 23 Jul 2003 21:02:37 GMT, (WARRENRN1) wrote:

my wife planted vining zucchini plants and they have taken over the garden....
well, almost.... she hacked them away from the cherry tomato plant.... other
than hacking them back.... how does one limit there travels....

The bush type zucchini takes up a 3’x3’ space. Vine-types take 1’x16.
I have long cantalope vines attacking every other plant and i just
keep wrapping the vine around. Next year i am going to do long rows
and stack them in place as they grow.

That is, i will STAKE them in place...