GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   anthracnose dogwood question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/38361-anthracnose-dogwood-question.html)

Jane 26-07-2003 07:32 PM

anthracnose dogwood question

Hi,
I have a dogwood that is croaking inch by inch from anthroacnose and I
wonder if it is dangerous to leave it in the earth with the disease, or will
it infect the soil. I want to put a stand of cluster birches in it's place
next year. Anyone know about this disease?
Thank you,
Jane

David J Bockman 27-07-2003 01:22 AM

anthracnose dogwood question

Discula anthracnose is present all throughout the enviorment.... it won't
infect the soil in the sense that you mean, although picking up dead,
diseased leaves will help.

Dave

et...