Old 27-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Randy

Default is there a list of plants you can grow from cuttings?

is there a list of plants you can grow from cuttings? This would help
a lot because I would like to buy one plant and grow many from it.
I've had lots of luck with coleus and I'm going to try gumbo-limbo. I
live in So. Fla where everything grows fairly easy.

Thanks
Old 01-08-2003, 04:02 AM
Marley1372

I dont know of any list, but more often than not a plant can be grown from
cuttings. Some plants are stubborn and you will have bad rooting percentages,
and others will root more readily at certain times of the year. I would try
googleing with the plant name+propagation.

Toad
Old 01-08-2003, 10:32 PM
David Hill

There are several good books on Plant propagation, try doing a search.
Remember some people are much better than others at plant propagation, and
some plants just don't like some people.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 03-08-2003, 02:02 AM
MLEBLANCA

these plants are considered easy to grow from
cuttings:
aster
azalea
boxwood
camellia
chrysanthemum
dianthus
gardenia
pelargonium
honeysuckle
hydrange
jade plant
lavendwer
penstemon
rose
rosemary
salvia
veronica
willow

Old 04-08-2003, 03:32 PM
BH

I'm also in South Florida (moved here last year from Texas) and it seems
you can put just about anything in the ground and then stand back! I've
gotten lots of cuttings from neighbors: plumeria (also called
frangipani, the Hawaiian lei flowers) did great. Also, the draecena
marginata and ti plants... just cut off lengths of stems and put it in
dirt.. these both like some shade. I've done hibiscus and
bougainvillea, angel begonias, blue daze and plumbago. A really great
book specifically about our area is Easy Gardens for South Florida by
Pamela Crawford. She actually lives here and has done extensive testing
on what will work. Good luck.

Evelyn wrote:
(Randy) wrote in message . com...

is there a list of plants you can grow from cuttings? This would help
a lot because I would like to buy one plant and grow many from it.
I've had lots of luck with coleus and I'm going to try gumbo-limbo. I
live in So. Fla where everything grows fairly easy.

Thanks

Below is a link that has some plants you can grow from cuttings:

http://gardening.about.com/library/blcuttings.htm

Evelyn