Old 28-07-2003, 10:02 PM
jerry

Default Watermelon question

My watermelons are bout the size of footballs now and my question is, do i
need to put anything under the melons or leave them lay on the dirt as they
are growing ?

Old 28-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Its completely up to you.

It doesn't make a difference to the plant.

Old 29-07-2003, 08:22 AM
J. Lane

Hi jerry,
You can leave them right where they are but once in a while I would turn
them a quarter turn to avoid that white underbelly thing and avoid
posibility of rot.
--
Jayel

Old 30-07-2003, 01:02 AM
V_coerulea

Nothing wrong with that white underbelly thing. That's a watermelon. It
won't rot because it's white or always on the ground, only if something
bores into it or munches on the rind. Even then, I've seen the melon dry out
on the area, almost heal over, with no rot.
Gary

. ca...
"jerry" wrote in message
My watermelons are bout the size of footballs now and my question is, do

need to put anything under the melons or leave them lay on the dirt as

they
are growing ?

[IMG] code is On

Seedless Watermelon pollination H Hornblower Edible Gardening 6 20-08-2004 03:45 PM
Watermelon Question jerry Gardening 1 06-08-2003 04:02 AM
Germinating watermelon Seed Shlomit sci.agriculture 0 13-07-2003 03:44 PM
watermelon? H United Kingdom 2 22-05-2003 10:20 PM
Watermelon Question CORRWOOD Edible Gardening 2 14-05-2003 02:44 AM