Old 04-02-2003, 04:45 PM
Dwight Sipler

Default ot hudmidifer

gary wrote:

What do you put in humidifiers to keep the bacteria down?

Try hydrogen peroxide. It is a disinfectant without an odor. A
concentration of 0.1% should be enough to start with. The stuff you get
in the grocery store is about 3%, so dilute it 30:1.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:28 PM
gary

What do you put in humidifiers to keep the bacteria down?

Thanks

Gary

New to the north country

Old 04-02-2003, 06:47 PM
simy1

"gary" wrote in message ...
What do you put in humidifiers to keep the bacteria down?

Thanks

Gary

New to the north country

I, as many others, have had bad humidifier exeperiences. I now keep it
off, and I am increasing the number of houseplants by 20% every year.
Next year I should have 40, or 2 per 100sqft. They do the trick,
specially if you fill the tray underneath with pebbles and water.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:14 PM
mmarteen

We use grapefruit seed oil in ours. It probably isn't as strong as hydrogen
peroxide but we have noticed a lot fewer problems than last year when we
used basically nothing.

mm

"simy1" wrote in message
om...

Old 06-02-2003, 04:43 PM

set up a 55 gallon tank in the house with fish bring the temp of the water up to 78oF
and dont cover it. nice humidity. Ingrid

(simy1) wrote:
I, as many others, have had bad humidifier exeperiences. I now keep it
off, and I am increasing the number of houseplants by 20% every year.
Next year I should have 40, or 2 per 100sqft. They do the trick,
specially if you fill the tray underneath with pebbles and water.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.