GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   plane tree canker (Ceratocystis fimbriata) death probality (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/39191-plane-tree-canker-ceratocystis-fimbriata-death-probality.html)

Klaus Maier 03-08-2003 06:42 PM

plane tree canker (Ceratocystis fimbriata) death probality

Hi Experts

A plane (sycamore, Platanus spp) in my garden
(age approx 10 to 15 years,
stem diameter approx 5 inches, height approx 30 feet )
seems to be be infected by Ceratocystis fimbriata.
Leafs are small, leaf edges are yellow, withered and involuted .

I've planted the tree to shade my house later on .

The question is.

Is there any probability that the tree will survive
or is death for sure.

In the latter case I will cut it down
and plant another fast growing broad-leafed tree
(resistent against this special fungus)

Best Regards
Klaus