Old 04-08-2003, 12:12 AM
Starlord

Default Canna Tiki Torch

http://www.karcheskycanna.com/tikitorch.htm

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning
lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day go
again."

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord

Old 04-08-2003, 05:42 AM
Lee

"Starlord" wrote in message ...
http://www.karcheskycanna.com/tikitorch.htm

beautiful!
lee.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:02 PM
TOM KAN PA

Found this at the site:
My name is Dennis Bishop, I am a partly disabled Vietnam Vet (30%). I live on a
fixed monthly income that is made up of VA payment and SDI payment. This is
just enough to allow me to pay my rent, and other bills and to get what food
supplys I can during the month.

I live in a small trailer park in Rosamond, CA. and to reach the one super
market in town, I eather have to walk the 5 miles each way, or try to catch a
ride with someone as I have No Car.

In order to get a good car, one which can pass smog and I can get tags for, I
need at lest $500.00. Car prices out here are high.

So any Donations, be they big or small, to help me reach the goal of buying a
good car, can be sent to:

Dennis Bishop
470 20th ST West #23
Rosamond, CA. 93560

Found this at another site:
Mr.Dennis Bishop's Profile
» Amateur photographer
» Member since Sat, 17 Aug 2002
» Gallery
Last Name: Bishop
First Name: Dennis
Zodiac Sign: Not specified.
Birthday:
Email:
Website: -
City, State, Zip: Rosamond, CA,93560
Country: United States
Yahoo Login:
Primary Camera: Topcon Super D
Personal Bio/Comments: Have been using a carmea for ages. Have won the 1997
ADS Photo contest too.

Old 05-08-2003, 05:13 AM
Starlord

Yep, that's me and I don't hide it either. Had a car for awhile, used every cent
I could muster to keep it running, but it's now sitting in the local junk yard
as scrap after the engine gave out on me and was unfixable.

As you will also note, there no Zodiac Sign listed, for a good reson as I'm also
an amature Astronomer ( notice the Telescope Buyers FAQ listed at the end ) and
don't take stock in that at all. And before someone says that if I could afford
a telescope I should be able to get a car, my telescope " Babylon 8 " was a full
fledged " Internet " project, as almost all the parts for it where donated to
me, over a 4.5 year time and all that it cost me from my pocket has been less
than $50.00.

BTW, 98% of the 200+ Iris I have in my iris garden (
http://desert-iris.netfirms.com/ ) where given to me as left overs from people's
gardens, sales, etc. My canna comes from the supply of canna seeds I had been
saving for many long years of the past and now they are slowly being grown.

BTW, where was that 2nd set of data at?

Old 05-08-2003, 07:02 AM
Bob H

Kind of looks just like Robert Kemp to me.

What's the difference?

Bob H

"Starlord" wrote in message =
news : http://www.karcheskycanna.com/tikitorch.htm
:=20
:

Old 05-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Starlord

Who or what is Robet Kemp?

This canna was found growing by itself on the lands of an old empty homestead on
Oahu Hawaii, I saved seeds and dug rhizomes from the site, then during the class
5 Hurricane that hit Hawaii, a landslide covered the site with a few million
tons of rock and dirt, you can't even get back to the site anymore, I tried.
I've been growing the seeds and the rhizomes since. This place was back in the
hills, no one had lived there for 60 to 70 years, house was all but destroyed by
the time I found the place on a walk along an old path. There where no other
canna's growing anywhere near the place, the canna where living on the rain fall
water they got.

So as the finder of it, and not seeing any other canna just like it on the
market, I've named it and now this one canna seller is selling it for me.

Old 06-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Bob H

I bought canna: Robert Kemp from Karchesky this past spring. You can =
find it on their site in the alphabetic list. It's a variety that has =
been around for along time. I think it was first hybridized in the late =
1800's.

The background on the Tiki sounds really interesting. They should put =
that on the webpage. Could it be possible that the original =
homesteaders had brought R. Kemp with them planted it there?

Bob

"Starlord" wrote in message =
: Who or what is Robet Kemp?
:=20
[...]
: --
: "In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
: towards an east that would not know another dawn.
: "Bob H" wrote in message
: news:kJGXa.68732$YN5.51395@sccrnsc01...
: Kind of looks just like Robert Kemp to me.
:=20
: What's the difference?
:=20
: Bob H
:=20
:=20
:=20
:
Old 06-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Starlord

From the reseach I was able to do while I lived over there, that most canna that
was on the islands came over as seeds and rhizomes from the ships that stopped
there for fresh water. The TT canna is what is called a speices canna, as it's
seeds just grow more TT's. Being that the nearest canna was over 5 miles away
and was one of those "Self Cleaning Type " does not set seeds, I figure this
canna had just itself to breed with for a long time.

Last time I was on their web site I had to exit it as they now have active x
control programmed into it and because of all the data I have on my machine, I
don't allow that or any script to run.

--

"Bob H" wrote in message
I bought canna: Robert Kemp from Karchesky this past spring. You can find it on
their site in the alphabetic list. It's a variety that has been around for
along time. I think it was first hybridized in the late 1800's.

The background on the Tiki sounds really interesting. They should put that on
the webpage. Could it be possible that the original homesteaders had brought R.
Kemp with them planted it there?

Bob

"Starlord" wrote in message
: Who or what is Robet Kemp?
:
: "Bob H" wrote in message
: news:kJGXa.68732$YN5.51395@sccrnsc01...
: Kind of looks just like Robert Kemp to me.
:
: What's the difference?
:
: Bob H
:
:
:
:

[IMG] code is On

FREE Shipping on Tiki Torches! Up to 50% Discount on Curtain Rods,Outdoor Tiki Torches, Window Curtain Rods and drapery rods @ Backyard Bargain Rev Jain Gardening 1 07-07-2011 06:16 PM
Canna Facts and Canna Care BobWalsh Gardening 5 29-05-2011 09:27 PM
propane weed torch jfrost Gardening 18 27-01-2004 01:32 PM
propane weed torch jfrost Texas 1 22-01-2004 08:33 PM
propane weed torch jfrost Edible Gardening 0 22-01-2004 07:12 PM