Old 04-02-2003, 06:46 PM
animaux

Default Birds coming through

Robins and mockingbirds are back. Robins only stay a while and head up for
summer. Contrary to popular belief, they do migrate. I'm waiting for the Cedar
waxwings to show up to eat all the berries. Nothing like that sight. It's like
watching hand carved birds who are going crazy, flapping and in delight.

Also the Carolina wrens, house wrens and barn swallows, house finches, gold
finches and tit mice have been seen on my property. We have a flock of rock
doves living in our brush pile, as well as in the discarded Xmas trees I
collected to give them winter cover.

I saw a red headed woodpecker and a roadrunner.

This is just the beginning. I can hardly wait for the pelicans and cranes
(Sandhill and Whooping) to fly through, going up north.

Victoria
Old 06-02-2003, 05:35 PM
MLEBLANCA

In article , animaux
writes:

This is just the beginning. I can hardly wait for the pelicans and cranes
(Sandhill and Whooping) to fly through, going up north.

Victoria

several large flocks of Canada geese, Tundra swans, and Snow geese
have been flying north on the Pacific flyway thru North CA Central Valley
this week. I haven't seen/heard any Sandhill cranes yet.

Sunday I saw Lewis' woodpeckers and a roadrunner!

Emilie