GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can lavender be grown indoors? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/39435-can-lavender-grown-indoors.html)

TOM KAN PA 05-08-2003 03:12 PM

Can lavender be grown indoors?

Will it last through the winter?

graham 05-08-2003 03:32 PM

Can lavender be grown indoors?

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
Will it last through the winter?

Yes it can. I grow 6-7 varieties in the bay window in my kitchen. Some
varieties grow vigorously and flower profusely in the middle of Canadian
prairie winters. However, watch out for bugs - but you would anyway. I have
L. denticulata, L. stoechii, L. heterophylla, and 3-4 varieties of English
lavender.

Graham

Phisherman 06-08-2003 03:02 AM

On 05 Aug 2003 14:05:25 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

Will it last through the winter?

I started a packet of lavender seeds in the spring. I kept the
seedings in pots throught he following winter then transplanted them
outside. The more sun, the better.