GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   where is the hosta seed on the plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/39713-where-hosta-seed-plant.html)

Keith Hudson 07-08-2003 05:32 PM

where is the hosta seed on the plant?

Where on a hosta is the pod that contains the seed? I have read that some
may be sterile, how can one tell this of a plant?

--Keith Hudson

Cereoid-UR12- 07-08-2003 07:22 PM

where is the hosta seed on the plant?

That's basic botany. There are many websites on the internet with the basics
of botany. Do a google search and check it out.

If the flowers are sterile and don't produce any fruit, you won't get any
seeds. Q.E.D.!!!

.. .