Old 08-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Other Brother Kevin

Default radical pruning of Pivet hedge results

Last fall I Chopped, Hatched and otherwise radially pruned my 7' high
Pivet hedge down to about 18". I happy to report it was a complete
success pruned them today into nice 3' cubes. Not sure how large I'm
going to let them get this time but the important they are alive and
doing well.

So the answer is, this wasn't a bad example of when amatuers read books

Kevin

Old 08-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Beecrofter

Other Brother Kevin wrote in message ...
Last fall I Chopped, Hatched and otherwise radially pruned my 7' high
Pivet hedge down to about 18". I happy to report it was a complete
success pruned them today into nice 3' cubes. Not sure how large I'm
going to let them get this time but the important they are alive and
doing well.

So the answer is, this wasn't a bad example of when amatuers read books

Kevin

Privet is very forgiving, most time major hedge trimming and coppicing
is better done late winter to early spring before they leaf out.

[IMG] code is On

Can I trim a beech hedge with a petrol hedge cutter? smileygonzo1961 United Kingdom 22 27-09-2008 11:50 PM
epigeal dicot seedling anatomy radical-hypocotyl transition zone gigi1234 Plant Science 0 07-01-2008 07:23 PM
Grape Vines and Radical Pruning Gideon Gardening 4 24-08-2005 05:43 AM
radical tree surgery FACE Gardening 13 12-10-2004 06:41 AM
radical acer pruning? Tumbleweed United Kingdom 1 27-05-2003 02:57 PM