Old 09-08-2003, 09:02 PM

Default Welcome back Chris Owens!

For those of us who have read this ng for a longish time (i.e. years),
I am surprised that none of the old timers has yet acknowledged the
fact that Chris Owens has suddenly started posting again after a long
absence. Welcome back Chris! Hope you are well! Now, where's John
Riley and Gandy Dancer! For those who are puzzled, check the news
group archive history at Google news.

Best wishes
Geoff
Old 10-08-2003, 06:22 AM
NAearthMOM

Yes, welcome back Chris!
I hope all is well with you.....

Love Caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"
Old 11-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Chris Owens

Thank you Geoff. I had to quit posting because my illness
reached a point where all the time I had was needed to run my
life. Unfortunately, progressive diseases do, and two weeks ago
I was kicked up to 'executive' . . . as in gardner, chef,
housekeeper, etc. So, now I have lots and lots of free time
whilst the -- they actually are a very nice couple, really; I'm
just feeling sorry for myself -- people my husband hired run the
household and help take care of me. Well, at least my mind still
works; and, with the very nifty voice navigation controls on my
computer, I can surf and post. [And pay the bills . . . I still
get to be the family accountant. ] So, I'm back to have some
fun!

Chris Owens

Old 11-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Tom Engel

I second the welcome. Chris was very helpful to me when I was a beginner
gardener about five or six years ago. I think that all new gardeners
really profit from this site because gardeners with years of experience
still have time to answer simple basic questions for them and encourage
them. So again - Let me add my thanks to Chris Owens. Randy

Old 11-08-2003, 08:42 PM

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:50:55 -0400, Chris Owens
wrote:

Thank you Geoff. I had to quit posting because my illness
reached a point where all the time I had was needed to run my
life. Unfortunately, progressive diseases do, and two weeks ago
I was kicked up to 'executive' . . . as in gardner, chef,
housekeeper, etc. So, now I have lots and lots of free time
whilst the -- they actually are a very nice couple, really; I'm
just feeling sorry for myself -- people my husband hired run the
household and help take care of me. Well, at least my mind still
works; and, with the very nifty voice navigation controls on my
computer, I can surf and post. [And pay the bills . . . I still
get to be the family accountant. ] So, I'm back to have some
fun!

Chris Owens

Good for you, Chris!
Rec.gardens still has many ways of providing entertainment ....!
(;-)

Best wishes
Geoff

Old 12-08-2003, 02:32 AM
madgardener

ahhh a bit late but here's a hug from the ol' madgardener, Chris. Good to
know yer mind is still sharp! I suffer sometimes from CRAFT myself on
occaison since I've hit the post menopausal moments....GBSEG as for my
gardening, it's as chaotic as ever. Almost frantic as I watch my hair get
these long silver threads among the gold and red ones that reaches the waist
and wonder when they had time to catch up?? I've missed you lady!! Zhan
might not appear as she's working at a little store in Pennsacola, but on
rare occasion I hear from her. Most times I wind up calling her, missing her
by moments and say howdy to her sweet velvet voiced Bill or she's hiding out
in New Mexico at her brother's place soaking up desperately needed desert
time.......my posts are rare but I'm still here and it's nice to see you're
back. Wonder where Ginny Pendergrass and sweet lil' IGROWROCKS went off
too?? Since you've been gone Wendy has moved to the Pacific northwest,
Annbal has remarried a sweetheart of a guy and is contemplating a move to
Maine from her outskirts of Boston, Victoria is CURED!! (woo hoo!!),
QueenAng moved from her home in Yipsilante to Conneticut and loves it, and
we still love ol' curmudgeody Cereoid because he knows his stuff and his wit
is dryer than ever g. You see we still have wise cracking Tomkanpa.... I
can't believe it's been over six years since I met you on this newsgroup.
care for some pics of the ol' madgardener's "madness" and fairy gardens?
I've acquired a neat little camera and am digital and 'in yer face in the
flowers and winged ones' nutzoid............
madgardener up on the ridge (still) back in Fairy Holler overlooking a hazy

Old 14-08-2003, 03:12 AM
Ann

Chris Owens expounded:

Thank you Geoff. I had to quit posting because my illness
reached a point where all the time I had was needed to run my
life. Unfortunately, progressive diseases do, and two weeks ago
I was kicked up to 'executive' . . . as in gardner, chef,
housekeeper, etc. So, now I have lots and lots of free time
whilst the -- they actually are a very nice couple, really; I'm
just feeling sorry for myself -- people my husband hired run the
household and help take care of me. Well, at least my mind still
works; and, with the very nifty voice navigation controls on my
computer, I can surf and post. [And pay the bills . . . I still
get to be the family accountant. ] So, I'm back to have some
fun!

Welcome back, Chris, I have just caught up to the group after a month
of non-reading, didn't notice your return, although I did notice your
departure! I'm glad you're back.

Take care,

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 16-08-2003, 11:12 AM
Chris Owens

Thank you, Madgardner! And, thanks for the update. I'd love
some pics . . . just make sure to keep the file size under 200K
or my ISP chokes.

Chris Owens

Old 16-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Allview

I second the welcome. Chris was very helpful to me when I was a
beginner gardener about five or six years ago. I think that all
new gardeners really profit from this site because gardeners
with years of experience still have time to answer simple basic
questions for them and encourage them.

And I second your second. Chris was the first person to answer a question for
me on this group. Welcome back.

Marilyn in Ohio

Old 18-08-2003, 03:26 AM
Jean B.

Hey! My attendance here has been rather sporadic, so I just
noticed you were posting again after a long absence. So glad to
see you back, Chris.

--
Jean B., 12 miles west of Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Old 22-08-2003, 07:02 AM
Chris Owens

Thanks, Jean

Chris Owens

"Jean B." wrote:

Hey! My attendance here has been rather sporadic, so I just
noticed you were posting again after a long absence. So glad to
see you back, Chris.

--
Jean B., 12 miles west of Boston, Massachusetts, USA

[IMG] code is On

CHRIS BROWN ... Saying Miley Cyrus is UGLY ! [email protected] Gardening 2 14-04-2009 01:51 PM
For Chris Boulby Iris McCanna United Kingdom 3 29-10-2003 11:12 AM
Chris Owens David Hill Gardening 5 08-09-2003 07:42 AM
aaa al owens llaa1100 Plant Science 0 03-07-2003 03:10 AM