GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Black ants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/40020-black-ants.html)

Mceezee 10-08-2003 02:02 PM

Black ants

Is there anything I can do to keep black ants (they are coming into my kitchen
from the outside) other than using Raid or ant traps, etc?

K 12-08-2003 03:03 PM

Black ants

maybe you can consider growing a pitcher plant? these carnivorous plants
would devour your ants :)

I just bought mine last week and the insect count is simply amazing!

Gloria Lenon 12-08-2003 06:02 PM

Black ants

Don't know if anyone suggested this remedy - ground cinnamon is a good
repellent for ants. I know it worked for me in our bathroom where the ants
found a place to get into the house. I just put the cinnamon down and no
more ants.

--
gloria - only the iguanas know for sure