GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   off topic-change of browser (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/40398-off-topic-change-browser.html)

YLitw21146 14-08-2003 02:02 PM

off topic-change of browser

I recently changed from aol to sbcglobal.yahoo and I want to remain on this new
group but when I go to the search it takes me back to aol.
my question is how do I stay here with a different browser.
ydelle
"There's always a better tomorrow"

TOM KAN PA 14-08-2003 05:42 PM

off topic-change of browser

From your address, it looks like your still using AOL as your ISP.

Salty Thumb 14-08-2003 06:32 PM

off topic-change of browser

(YLitw21146) wrote in
:

I recently changed from aol to sbcglobal.yahoo and I want to remain on
this new group but when I go to the search it takes me back to aol.
my question is how do I stay here with a different browser.
ydelle
"There's always a better tomorrow"

The simple answer is change the NNTP server setting in whatever
newsreading software you are using to the name of a sbcglobal.yahoo
server. Note: If you are using proprietary AOL newsreading software, you
might not have the option to change the server setting, in which case you
should switch to a different newsreading program.

Frank Logullo 15-08-2003 02:22 AM

off topic-change of browser

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
From your address, it looks like your still using AOL as your ISP.

Once you have AOL getting rid of it is like getting rid of a disease. They
make it difficult to cancel ;)
Frank