Old 15-08-2003, 01:42 AM
naturboy

Default Sweet Broom bush or shrub HELP!

Hello everyone and to whomever can help. I have twice bought a Sweet
Broom bush(Cytisus x spachianus) also called scientifically Genista
racemosa, Cytisus racemosa, cytisus everstianus, cytisus stenopetalus
and cytisus stenopetala.

I put it like it says in full sun, give it plenty of water when needed
and no fertilizer. I still lose the bush within three months or so.
I have never had one look good for a long period of time. I live in
zone 8 and was wondering if anyone can help me out on this plant. It
is supposed to be very easy to grow but in central Texas haven't had
much luck so far.

I am planning to buy several more to see if I have any other luck with
those but in the meantime the present one has no leaves but the stem
is still green.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

[IMG] code is On

Scotch Broom & Spanish Broom removal tips Danny D.[_2_] Gardening 6 10-01-2013 10:40 AM
Help to identify tree/shrub/bush? duirc Gardening 4 10-06-2011 10:35 AM
help to identify shrub/bush pipergirl United Kingdom 0 28-06-2004 10:33 AM
Sweet broom meanbeagle Gardening 1 12-04-2004 01:32 AM
sweet--not scotch broom--to plant or not to plant? Lil Gardening 2 28-05-2003 06:44 AM