GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hosta question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/40632-hosta-question.html)

junkyardcat 17-08-2003 04:12 PM

Hosta question

I found a deal on Hostas in a catalog...25 for 35.00. But before I spend my
money, I want to know if they will survive the Winter months. If I buy them
now and put them in the ground, will they do ok and come back up next
Spring? I'm in East Texas...we don't get very many freezing cold days in the
Winter usually.

Thanks for your help:)
Angie

Peppergirl 17-08-2003 05:32 PM

Hosta question

Hi Angie!
I have several different varities of Hosta's, and live in Canada. My hosta's
do die off for winter, but return again and again in spring! I've even
divided them, as they do spread out. Hope this helps!
peppergirl
Please feel free to check out my website.
http://hotcuisine.esmartweb.com/

DickLivy 19-08-2003 02:12 AM

Hosta question

I'm more concerned about it being too hot in the summers, etc... Hostas need
a dormant season and can be stressed in too much heat. Suggest you check the
temp zone.