Old 20-08-2003, 03:42 AM
Dude

Default Roses losing all their leaves

Hi. I just planted 5 rose bushes about 3 weeks ago. I watered them
well as suggested with a transplanter liquid as directed.
I watered them again after 4 days.
I soon noticed all the leaves were disappearing from the roses I
planted except one. I watered them again 5 days later and added some
rose granular fertilizer. The stems are green but almost all leaves
are gone with no sign of new growth. (no sign of bugs)
My question is, did I over or under water these roses and have I made
thing worse by adding a granular fertilizer in week 3. What causes
total leaf loss. Over or under watering.???
One rose bush is doing fine and actually has a rose bud on it ready to
flower. I have treated them all the same and they are in varying
sunshine from 4 to 6 hours a day in different areas of the yard.
Any help would be appreciated.
Please reply here or to the email below.

Dave

Old 20-08-2003, 06:42 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

In the subject heading you say they are "losing all their leaves" but in the
text you say "almost all leaves are gone". Make up your mind.

You planted them just 3 weeks ago in the middle of summer when they normally
slow down growth!!! What do you expect? Don't be so impetuous.

Yes, you may have made things worse by fertilizing the plants before they
have gotten a chance to establish themselves. You can't rush things along.
It doesn't work that way.