GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Beer and Soap for the lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/41058-beer-soap-lawn.html)

u deserve a bud 22-08-2003 06:02 AM

Beer and Soap for the lawn

I did use the receipe and it worked as well as it can with the drought
we are in. I have three questions.
1)Do you water immediatly after applying the mix?
2)I read to use 1 tsp per gallon on my sprayer (Ortho Sprayer), is
that true?
3)Can I use a Miracle Gro 4 N 1 sprayer as well (thinking I could hook
it to my sprinkler)
Thanks

TOM KAN PA 22-08-2003 06:02 AM

Beer and Soap for the lawn

Do you water immediatly after applying the mix?

____Reply Separator_____

I usually water after 4-5 beers. One won't do it.

Seriously, is this one of Jerry Baker's quick fixes?

Phrederik 22-08-2003 06:03 AM

Beer and Soap for the lawn

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
Do you water immediatly after applying the mix?

____Reply Separator_____

I usually water after 4-5 beers. One won't do it.

Seriously, is this one of Jerry Baker's quick fixes?

I've heard of this done before. I never new the correct proportions to
mix though.

Basically, what I'm told, is the soap is a surfactant and cleans off
the living grass and the organisms in beer helps break down the dead
stuff.

BLueCoBra 22-08-2003 06:03 AM

Beer and Soap for the lawn

Well I have a *cough* unnamed source that gave me highly guarded classified
information regarding formulas that have been kept from the public eye.
OK, well maybe not.

Anyways here it is: Do once every 3 weeks in the morning alternating the
diet using the following mixtures which are applied with a 20 gal. hose end
sprayer (fill the balance of the sprayer with warm water. If you have a
different capacity sprayer adjust recipes accordingly.)

Number 1
1 can of beer
1 cup ammonia
1 oz. liquid dish soap
3 tbsp instant tea

Number 2
2 oz. liquid fish fertilizer
2 oz. whiskey
1 tbsp. instant tea
1 oz. liquid dish soap

Number 3
15-30-15 liquid fertilizer
2 oz. liquid dish soap
*put in the dish soap first then fill rest of sprayer with the liquid fert.

This is from an older book so I don't know if stuff like liquid fish
fertilizer are still around any more.
You do not have to water right after applying these as these are applied
with a hose end sprayer the water is already mixed in with it.
This does not substitute for a regular daily or other normal watering
routine that you may use. This is just to feed your grass or garden.

BLueCoBra
--
A computer once beat in a game of chess.
But it was no match for me in kick boxing.

Travis 22-08-2003 08:02 AM

Beer and Soap for the lawn

u deserve a bud wrote:
Yes it is and my neighbor does it and his grass is GREEN!

I turn green when I drink beer.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5