GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sago Palm? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/41092-sago-palm.html)

ImRaul33 22-08-2003 07:02 AM

Sago Palm?

I live in So. Cali. and my 2 sagos are turning yellow, is this normal or
something going wrong with my palms?

David J Bockman 22-08-2003 01:02 PM

Sago Palm?

All of the fronds? Can you further characterize how they're yellowing?

Dave

Tom Jaszewski 22-08-2003 01:32 PM

Sago Palm?

On 22 Aug 2003 06:01:26 GMT, (ImRaul33) wrote:

I live in So. Cali. and my 2 sagos are turning yellow, is this normal or
something going wrong with my palms?

Cycas revoluta is NOT a palm. In S CA they are heavy Mn feeders. If
the "fronds" are completely yellow it is likely an over or under
watering problem.

ImRaul33 23-08-2003 10:02 PM

Sago Palm?

not all of them, about 25% of them, the yellowing is blotchy , kinda looks like
someone spray painted different areas

Scoby 23-08-2003 10:12 PM

I'd go for under watered, I live in the U.K., known as a green and pleasant land
Our sago's had suffered this year due to lack of rain until I set up a trickle system with an old hose pipe punctured in the right places, new growth now nice and green

David J Bockman 23-08-2003 10:22 PM

Sago Palm?

Examine closely for scale.... one suggestion.

Dave

vegan 24-08-2003 11:02 PM

Sago Palm?

On 23 Aug 2003 20:43:29 GMT, (ImRaul33) wrote:

not all of them, about 25% of them, the yellowing is blotchy , kinda looks like
someone spray painted different areas

That would pretty classic of manganese deficient.

vegan 25-08-2003 03:12 AM

Sago Palm?

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 01:00:42 GMT, "Doug"
wrote:

Add epson salt

Epsom salt is Mn magnesium sulphate, Cycas revoluta more often need Mn
manganese.