GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mexican Evening Primroses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/41117-mexican-evening-primroses.html)

Grandpa 22-08-2003 06:02 PM

Mexican Evening Primroses

Earlier this year the few small plants I have became infested with Flea
Beetles. I posted a question here as to what to do about them and did a
lot of searching on the 'net and in the library. I finally sprayed with
Sevin and they left/died or whatever thank goodness, but not before they
killed my 10 plants, or so it appeared. One person responded that
they'd go underground and basically eat or kill-off the dead or bad
portion of the tubers(?) and that the plant would revive itself later.
Perhaps thats what happened as they are all the greenery is coming back
nicely. Thanks to all for your assistance. I couldn't bear to have
them die as they are so pretty pink when flowering. I planted them for
my 2 yr old grandaughter. They are as pretty as she is, and she just
loves to cruise through "gampas garden".