GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help identifying this plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/41168-help-identifying-plant.html)

Sherwin Dubren 23-08-2003 06:32 AM

Help identifying this plant

I thought I had a 'volunteer' sweet corn in my garden. However, instead
of the usual tassel top in corn, this plant had a strange tear drop
cluster of possibly seeds. The plant is now about three feet high. I
could not find anything like it in my reference books. Sorry, but I do
not have a digital camera to capture an image for the web.

Any ideas?

Sherwin Dubren

Charles 23-08-2003 07:02 AM

Help identifying this plant

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 05:25:10 GMT, Sherwin Dubren
wrote:

I thought I had a 'volunteer' sweet corn in my garden. However, instead
of the usual tassel top in corn, this plant had a strange tear drop
cluster of possibly seeds. The plant is now about three feet high. I
could not find anything like it in my reference books. Sorry, but I do
not have a digital camera to capture an image for the web.

Any ideas?

Sherwin Dubren

Sorghum?

http://images.google.com/images?q=so...oe=UTF-8&hl=en