GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tree bark (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/41212-tree-bark.html)

Tony Pacc 23-08-2003 09:22 PM

Tree bark

I had some loose bark at the base of a crimson maple that I cut away,is
there anything that I should apply to the exposed wood? Thanks

John Bachman 24-08-2003 11:42 AM

Tree bark

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:22:48 -0500, "Tony Pacc"
wrote:

I had some loose bark at the base of a crimson maple that I cut away,is
there anything that I should apply to the exposed wood? Thanks

No, at least not for the wood. But you should find out why the bark
came loose. There could be an infestation or disease that needs
attention. Or it could be lawnmower damage - then be more careful.

John