Old 06-02-2003, 12:43 PM
Cereoid+10

Default thank you for spring - huh?

Preparing for summer? Winter isn't through yet.

There's a blizzard passing through right now!!!

Maryanne wrote in message
thank you for spring - your spring! I can hear it coming!

We are heading for winter (South Africa) & I am getting a real lift
listening to you folk all preparing for summer - I have already started
planning sweet peas although it is months too soon!!

Maryanne

--
Maryanne Gilbert

Old 06-02-2003, 01:16 PM
animaux

My plant out date is in 4 weeks! I'm certainly looking forward to and ready for
summer! I guess it's where you live. We are in a huge nation.

How'd you like the drama queen Collin at the UN yesterday?

Old 06-02-2003, 02:37 PM
Callen Molenda

Have you got the blizzard already? We're still waiting.

Supposed to get here this afternoon. Enough already!!!!

Callen in VA

Old 06-02-2003, 05:45 PM
paghat

In article ,
"Cereoid+10" wrote:

Preparing for summer? Winter isn't through yet.

There's a blizzard passing through right now!!!

So far as plants are concerned, spring is not a calendar date, & more to
do with latitude.

A. E. Bowles when queried "When does Spring commence?" said, in Norway,
June 1st.

But added that meteorologically, it is when the average daily temperature
reaches 48 degrees F. In my garden, it really looks like spring is just
about here.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"