Old 29-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Augustus McCrae

Default Any value in becoming a master gardener?

In article ,
Pam Rudd wrote:

So you think you are so important that people follow you from one NG to
another. guffaw I just googled your name and saw all those posts
in soc.singles.mod. LOL!!!! How pathetic! What a loser! You must have
made a lot of enemies there if you think people follow you to other NGs
to tell you off. Given how few responses your posts get, it is obvious
how many people killfile you. Not a bad idea since any exchange with you
is as worthless as you. ESAD.

Pam
--
We are like genitals unto the gods; they play
with us for their amusement - Black Adder

Oh I think that about says enough about you and where your head is. Get
some new batteries Pammie.
Old 29-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Jim W

Marley1372 wrote:

Round here the main use for a Master Gardener's certification seems to be
to start all your sentences with "Well, I'm a Master Gardener, and I say

I get this alot from customers. They will ask you an honest question and
when they dont like the answer, they pull the master gardener bit out of
thier ass. This tends to make me have even less respect for the person
rather than make me think higher of them as they had hoped.

LOL.. aren't people strange.. Why ask a question in the first place..
Hehe, no one says you HAVE to like an answer!-)
//
Jim
Old 29-08-2003, 10:02 PM
B & J

"dstvns" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:12:39 -0500, "B & J"

I find that the Master Gardener group is a plus for me. Most but not all
Master Gardeners are great people, but there are some one avoids because
they're obnoxious. The same can be said for this ng!

Thanks, I didn't intend to start a flame thread. Starting this thread
was almost as bad as asking about round-up.

I voluteer my time among many other groups in the area....food
pantries and serveral other non-profit organizations. After careful
consideration I don't believe I will be able to fulfill the
requirements of the local MG program. I also don't believe I'd be
learning what I was interested in, and that I could spend the time
with more constructive projects. Perhaps I will try it again many
years from now, when and if I have more time. Thanks for all the
replies.

Dan

Don't worry about starting a flame thread, Dan. This has been a Big Bertha
bell pepper in mildness. The "usual suspects" did their stomping and are now
happier people. ;-) They bolstered their egos by venting their spleen, which
is normal for them.

I think you're wise in not taking the training at this point. It probably
won't help you get a job, and the training in vegetable gardening is too
basic and abbreviated to help much. You already seem to know your way around
in vegetable gardening, and it doesn't appear that you have the time for
more, in-depth training at the moment.

As I mentioned earlier, the MG training and group is more for the hobby
gardener. It puts one in contact with people who have a similar interest,
and you probably would enjoy it on that basis.

Good luck and happy gardening.....

John

Old 29-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Face reality Auggie, you are the pathetic loser dweeb here!!!!!

The only dates you have are with your hand, you masturbating gardener!!!!

Old 30-08-2003, 12:42 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

If you just want to socialize and fritter away your time, it would be much
cheaper if you started a garden club in you area and you all sat around and
talked about plants and gardens while sipping tea and munching on
crullers!!!! You can even have real gardening experts come and speak before
your group!!!

Old 30-08-2003, 01:02 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 02:56:09 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

You should go back to masturbating in your garden and not even bother
posting anything here if you have nothing intelligent to say. Your hanging
out in gay bars all night would hardly constitute community volunteering.

Oh Stanley, I wish I had taken Creative Homophobia 101 and then I
could be as clever!
Old 30-08-2003, 01:02 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 03:16:57 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

Tomski, BJ and
all the other pederasts masturbating in the garden.

Gosh Stanley we forgot not having a dick kind of leaves you out in
the cold. We're sorry
Old 30-08-2003, 01:12 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 22:33:16 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

You can even have real gardening experts come and speak before
your group!!!

Yeah maybe some cactus collectors could talk about robbing third
world countries of their flora!
Old 30-08-2003, 05:03 AM
Pam Rudd

When last we left our heros, on Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:33:33 -0500,
Augustus McCrae scribbled:

In article ,
Pam Rudd wrote:

So you think you are so important that people follow you from one NG to
another. guffaw I just googled your name and saw all those posts
in soc.singles.mod.

Apparently I'm important enough for you to Google.

LOL!!!! How pathetic! What a loser!

Important enough for you to have read enough posts to form
an opinion, too.

Why, it makes a girl quite giddy, it do.

frothing snipped

We are like genitals unto the gods; they play
with us for their amusement - Black Adder

Oh I think that about says enough about you and where your head is.

Into old British sitcoms?

Pam, when I'm not gardening, that is.

"ElissaAnn"

Old 30-08-2003, 02:12 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Tomski, If you had a brain , you would be an idiot!!!

Where do you think all those landscape plants you have come from?
You steal all your plants from your neighbors yards?

Old 04-09-2003, 12:12 AM
Chris Owens

dstvns wrote:

Hello,

I've been interested in joining a local master gardener program. The
only really bad side are the class hours....classes are on wednesdays
for 6 months in the winter from 10-noon. The only bad thing about
these hours are the location in the week...I would gladly take a 2 or
even 3 hour class after work hours for 6 months.

I was wondering if anyone has found being a master gardener to be a
boost in finding jobs in horticulture, or at least some sort of
respect in the agricultural fields (excuse the pun). Is there any
value to these positions, or are you simply 100 free hours of hired
help the first year, then 25 hours every year thereafter? I don't
mind the volunteer work either, but these classes seem to focus the
vast amount of time on flower gardens, not the herb, fruit and
vegetables which I enjoy so much in gardening. When I asked more
about utilitarian gardening (ie food), the trainer gave a blank stare,
as if noone had ever thought of focusing on these topics.

Thanks for any insight,
Dan

MG classes can be a good way to get a concentrated dose of
horticulture education in one place. Some programs are more
flower-garden oriented; others are more veggies. The
certification will probably help with employment at a garden
center; not much of anywhere else, though. And, IME the
volunteer time is just a way for the programs to get free grunt
labor. If the hours are a particular problem, a lot of ag
colleges have nightime programs with degrees in horticulture. It
can take a few years, but you'll graduate with a BS or MS in the
field; and some real employment prospects.

Chris Owens