GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Please Help Identify a Flower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/41555-please-help-identify-flower.html)

FireDragon 28-08-2003 07:02 PM

Please Help Identify a Flower

Hello, I live in southwest ontario, just across the border from Michigan.
This plant grows in a shaded part of a mostly abandoned garden bed. It is
not tended at all, yet it thrives. But it doesn't seem to propogate itself.
I was hoping to figure out what it was so I could grow some of my own.
The leaves and stems are fuzzy, and the flowers are large and white, with
five large petals.

Thanks in advance.
Kat.

http://katsphotos.50megs.com/other/Flower.jpg
large size photo of plant
http://katsphotos.50megs.com/other/Plant.jpg

Cereoid-UR12- 28-08-2003 08:42 PM

Please Help Identify a Flower

That's an easy one.

Hibiscus moscheutos L.

Later in the season, you may find the seed capsules full of seeds, providing
the birds don't find the seeds first.

.. .

Penny Morgan 28-08-2003 11:32 PM

Please Help Identify a Flower

It's a perennial Hibiscus or Rose Mallow. If you go to Google and do a
search on Rose Mallow, you'll see many pictures of the same plant and other
variations of colors.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina