GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT-When power fails, what about the food? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/41805-ot-when-power-fails-what-about-food.html)

TOM KAN PA 31-08-2003 09:02 PM

OT-When power fails, what about the food?

When power fails, what about the food?

Since the whole country is suffering from power failures, the following should
be interesting.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/search/s_152446.html

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/search/s_152673.html

Joseph Meehan 01-09-2003 12:32 AM

OT-When power fails, what about the food?

If you follow that advice, you will be monitoring the temperature and
opening the door so often it make sure the food goes bad.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Jan Flora 06-09-2003 12:02 PM

OT-When power fails, what about the food?

In article ,
c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

When power fails, what about the food?

Since the whole country is suffering from power failures, the following should
be interesting.

Oh, get a grip, pard. A freezer will hold frozen food with no problem for
48 hours
after the power goes off *if* you don't open the door. If the power is
going to be
off longer than that, find a generator and plug your freezer in for 4
hours out of
every 24. If it's freezing weather, put your freezer food out in your meat
cache.

All of us out here in the country heard that NYC and Detroit lost power
for a day
and we all said, "Yeah, so?" We lose power for weeks at a time every winter.
(Well, us up here in Alaska do. It's no big deal. There isn't anything on
TV worth
watching anyway.)

Jan

... , Alaska, 99732

TOM KAN PA 06-09-2003 03:02 PM

OT-When power fails, what about the food?

Subject: OT-When power fails, what about the food?
From: (Jan Flora)

Oh, get a grip, pard.

____Reply Separator_____

Hold on there! I didn't write the damn article, I just posted it.
I suggest all flames be sent to the author(s).

Phrederik 06-09-2003 05:32 PM

From: (Jan Flora)

Oh, get a grip, pard.

____Reply Separator_____

Hold on there! I didn't write the damn article, I just posted it.
I suggest all flames be sent to the author(s).

You posted it, you're responsible for it.

....and what does it have to do with gardening anyhow?