Old 01-09-2003, 10:02 AM
madgardener

Default Well here it is September already

Well here it is September already. I can't believe we're fast approaching
the Autumnal Equinox on the 23rd. The bulbs are starting to come in at
work, and I'm forced to start thinking about tucking in a few here and
there. Especially since they're not room for perennials, but there's ALWAYS
room for bulbs! g I hope everyone has a good Labor Day, I think I will
grab up oldest son and go to BoomsDay in Knoxville after I get off work
today (Knoxville has the largest LaborDay and end of Summer celebration and
fireworks display in the SouthEast now going on 17 years. Large enough they
were covered by National Geographic. We're not talking about October Fest,
either, that's different)

Garden note, yesterday I noticed the Frakartii asters are budding up and
there's one in the middle that's eager to open. Tucked between them are some
forgotten pink Obedient plants I'd tucked in last year, now if I could just
get some Turtle heads...(Chelone) and in the BBQ fountain/flowerbed the
KuggleSonne Helenium are open, despite that the fig tree is shading out a
large portion of the western sun. And speaking of the fig tree.....yesterday
she gave me seven ripe and lucious melt in your mouth sweet honey figs.
Today there will be at least four more.......I'm in fig heaven!

Have a safe day and I'll holler at ya'll later.
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee about to head off to werk..........

Old 01-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Tom Randy

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 04:47:41 -0400, madgardener wrote:

Well here it is September already. I can't believe we're fast approaching
the Autumnal Equinox on the 23rd. The bulbs are starting to come in at
work, and I'm forced to start thinking about tucking in a few here and
there. Especially since they're not room for perennials, but there's
ALWAYS room for bulbs! g I hope everyone has a good Labor Day, I think
I will grab up oldest son and go to BoomsDay in Knoxville after I get off
work today (Knoxville has the largest LaborDay and end of Summer
celebration and fireworks display in the SouthEast now going on 17 years.
Large enough they were covered by National Geographic. We're not
talking about October Fest, either, that's different)

(snip)

The year sure went by VERY,VERY fast. I love the fall though, something
about the smell in the air, leaves turning and falling, breezes blowing.
Not hot but not too cold either.

It came too fast but I love the fall...