Old 02-09-2003, 11:32 PM
Sherri

Default Help with dune/sand plantings

We recently purchased a cottage that sits on a huge sand dune/bluff
over-looking Lake Michigan. There are numerous beech, oak, cedar, white
pine, white birch trees growing around the cottage. I would like to add some
smaller plantings along the bluffs edge to give the edge of the yard and
slopes some definition.. There are deer and porcupines that just love to
nibble on everything.......so I need suggestions on flowers that will
survive the animals and the winters of northern Michigan AND grow in the
sand.......no problem right?????!!!!

Old 03-09-2003, 03:02 AM
David J Bockman

Hi Sherri,

With your permission I'll forward your query to a friend of mine who is
quite expert in wetland/riparian/coastal horticulture...

Dave

gy.com...

Old 03-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Sherri

Please do........that would be very helpful and I sure do appreciate it!

[IMG] code is On

Dune Characterization Freakzilla Ponds 0 25-12-2007 09:46 PM
Dune Christmas Gifts Wild Monkshood Ponds 0 25-12-2007 09:19 PM
builders sand instead of horticultural sand jw 111 Texas 15 24-08-2005 03:46 PM
How much water for new plantings? chirisophus Gardening 1 05-07-2003 07:20 AM
Sand sand and sand kcchin Gardening 8 15-06-2003 05:20 PM