Old 03-09-2003, 02:42 AM
Jenny Rizzo

Default new rose garden

Earlier this summer I planted 7 rose bushes (not the climbing ones). I'm
new at this. I've noticed that there are holes on the leaves that look like
maybe some type of bug (beetles?) have been making. Is this a common
problem? Thanks, and I apologize for the probably very simple question.

Old 03-09-2003, 05:42 AM
J. Lane

Have you tried the roses newsgroup? rec.gardens.roses. They might be a good
NG to join if your a newbie at roses. Rose beetle or rose weevil may be your
problem but since I don't grow roses, I'm unsure.
--
Jayel

Old 04-09-2003, 07:22 AM
Chris Owens

Jenny Rizzo wrote:

Earlier this summer I planted 7 rose bushes (not the climbing ones). I'm
new at this. I've noticed that there are holes on the leaves that look like
maybe some type of bug (beetles?) have been making. Is this a common
problem? Thanks, and I apologize for the probably very simple question.

There's quite a few things that will munch on roses . . .
japanese beetles are one of the worst. However, unless your
plants are being defoliated or showing signs of stress, I
wouldn't worry about it.

Chris Owens

Old 04-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Jenny Rizzo

Thank you for the suggestions! I will check out the roses newsgroup and
will not worry so much about them (they still look gorgeous)! Now if only I
could get all of them to bloom together...

:-)

Old 08-09-2003, 06:42 AM
Chris Owens

Jenny Rizzo wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions! I will check out the roses newsgroup and
will not worry so much about them (they still look gorgeous)! Now if only I
could get all of them to bloom together...

:-)

That's not going to happen, Jenny; bloom time is genetically
programmed. You can extend the bloom on any given plant by
diligent deadheading.

Chris Owens

[IMG] code is On

New year , new place , new garden Terry Coombs Edible Gardening 3 16-04-2013 06:55 PM
New Rose Garden MJC Roses 17 12-01-2006 04:01 AM
New Garden Website needs rose aticles Terry Roses 8 25-02-2004 12:17 PM
New Garden Website needs rose aticles Terry Roses 0 21-02-2004 02:21 PM
San Jose Heritage Rose Garden Has a New URL Mel Hulse Roses 0 02-05-2003 06:32 AM