GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   More overseeding questions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/42281-more-overseeding-questions.html)

Keith Corwell 06-09-2003 03:03 AM

More overseeding questions

If you overseed in the fall can you put down weed and feed in spring

Phisherman 06-09-2003 03:03 AM

More overseeding questions

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 21:55:47 -0400, "Keith Corwell"
wrote:

If you overseed in the fall can you put down weed and feed in spring

Yes. But the weed killer is harsh on young seedings. It is better to
spot treat. For a weedy half acre of lawn, it takes me about 40
minutes to complete. The second spot treatment, given a month later,
takes about 20 minutes. That way I don't punish the entire lawn.