GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Italian buckthorn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/42313-italian-buckthorn.html)

madi 06-09-2003 03:12 PM

Italian buckthorn

Does anyone have any comments about this plant pros or cons? I'm
considering it as a screen to hide an ugly fence. How high does it grow,
wide and does it have dense foliage? I live in zone 9 and have seen it at
the local nursery but have found very little information on the internet (
some of it contradictory) Also it is considered a weed in Australia?

Would it look good alternated with purple hopseed bush another plant I'm
considering for the screen.

Thanks